3 Amazing Quick and Easy Healthy Halloween Smoothies | If you’re looking for a good source of nutrition, fruit smoothies are a great option. You can get all sorts of nutrients, minerals and vitamins into your body with smoothies. Halloween themed smoothies are perfect for this time of year. It’s even better if you make them with whole foods. Here are my picks for amazing quick and easy Healthy Halloween Smoothies.
Don’t forget to click here to pin this post: “3 Amazing Quick and Easy Healthy Halloween Smoothies” to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
3 Amazing Quick and Easy Healthy Halloween Smoothies
When you think of smoothies, you typically picture a tall, cool glass of thick dreaminess made with some kind of puréed fruit and mixed with milk or yogurt or even ice cream. But guess what? Those last three ingredients are not considered whole foods. Sorry to burst your whole food bubble. No worries, though. You can easily recreate that thick and creamy smoothie consistency with whole food ingredients.You're going to love these delicious and healthy Halloween smoothies made with whole food.Click To Tweet
One way to get that traditional smoothie consistency is to use frozen fruit like the ones used in these three healthy Halloween smoothies. With these recipes, you’ll be able to stick to your whole food diet and enjoy a delicious Halloween treat.
Get Your FREE Download Now!
Get your FREE Whole Foods Diet List & Grocery List to make your shopping easier. No more guessing what you can & can't eat with these two tools.
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 cup of juice from blood oranges
- Blend all the ingredients to a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
- For added protein, add a scoop of protein powder. Chocolate flavored powder would go nicely with the orange and cherry flavor.
Related Article: 7 Ways to Be Healthy This Fall
Pumpkin is an excellent choice for making healthy Halloween smoothies. That's because they contain carotenoids which help fight cancer and keep your vision healthy. In addition, pumpkins have high levels of potassium which help maintain a healthy blood pressure.
Here's something else you may not know about pumpkin. Canned pumpkin is just as good, if not better, than fresh pumpkin. Just make sure to check the label and stick with the ones with no preservatives or added sugar.
To save time, prep all the ingredients except the ice cubes the night before. Then put them in the blender carafe, pop the carafe in the freezer, and when you wake up add the ice cubes and blend away.
- 1/2 cup green apples
- 1/2 cup juice from apples
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 3 ounces fresh or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients until evenly mixed. It's that simple!
- This treat is low in carbs and calories and high in nutrition. Win-win!
- Want to up the protein count? Then add a scoop of protein powder. Try a vanilla flavored powder for this recipe.
- Want to also up the fiber content? Then add a couple of handfuls of spinach or kale to the mixture before blending.
Related Article: 10 Healthy and Easy 4th of July Recipes
This smoothie is another one you can prep in advance and keep in the fridge until morning when you're ready to add the ice cubes and blend away.
- 1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
- 1 or 2 tbsp. honey raw and to taste (leave out if Whole30)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 egg optional
- 6 ice cubes
- Blend all the ingredients until mixed evenly and to desired consistency. Easy peasy!
- Try adding or reducing the amount of pumpkin, cinnamon, honey and nutmeg you use to create a frothy Halloween treat you’ll enjoy.
- Add a scoop of protein powder to increase the protein count. Vanilla would taste great with this recipe.
- Add a handful of spinach or kale to increase the amount of fiber.
Related Article: A Full Menu of Healthy Cinco de Mayo Recipes
Set the Scene
Now that you have your healthy halloween smoothies, let’s set the scene for a spooky halloween. Here are my top recommendations to really get into the season.
For cups, how fun would it be to pour your drink into these cheeky Chloe and Madison”Drink Up Witches” pint Glass.
And for a touch of Halloween color, you can top off your smoothies with these Halloween Decor Paper Straws.
If you’re like me and occasionally make messes, wipe up any spills with this adorable Halloween Dish Towel.
Whole Foods Eating Series
Want to learn more about eating healthy with the whole food lifestyle? Check out these related articles.
- First Thing You Need To Do When Switching To Whole Foods
- This Is How To Shop Healthy For A Whole Foods Diet
- 3 Sweet Chocolate Treats – Gluten Free, Easy and Healthy
- How to Make the Best Easy and Healthy Pumpkin Pie
- How To Lose Weight on the Whole Food Diet
Have A Happy And Tasty Halloween!
So you see, you can easily make treats like healthy Halloween smoothies with all sorts of fruits and flavors while still sticking with whole food ingredients. Go ahead and experiment with other fruits and see what yummy treats you can come up with.
How About You?
Which smoothie will you try? Or do you have a favorite smoothie recipe that’s made with whole food? Let me know in the comments below, I’m always looking for new ideas.
Like this article? Pin it!