Spring is here and summer is not too far away. You know what that means. Time to start showing skin that has been hidden for the past few months and trying on clothes that have been stored away over the winter. Some of those clothes might be feeling a weeee bit tight now. You’re probably thinking “I have to start working out again.” Reeeeaaaaly, everyone should be working out all year long so this doesn’t happen every year. But I won’t say it out loud. Especially since I’m guilty of indulging too much over the winter and coming into the warmer months fluffier than I was.
So you’re asking what now? My answer is to get moving again and start paying attention to what you’re eating. And that’s why I’ve put together the 30 Day Summer Body Challenge. If you follow the plan, in 30 days you’ll feel healthier and those tight clothes should be a little easier to get into.
30 Day Summer Body Challenge
The 30 Day Summer Body Challenge lays out a workout plan for you. You’ll have daily calorie burning and muscle toning exercises, a checklist to keep track of your workouts so you can visually see you accomplished your goal to move each day, and steps to take to start eating cleaner again.
Best of all, it’s FREE. Yes, you get the full 30 Day Summer Body Challenge without spending a cent!
Anyone can do the workouts in the Challenge, whether it’s your first time working out or you’re coming back from taking a break (winter hibernation is a real thing you know) or you already workout regularly. The majority of the workouts can be done in just 20 minutes or less. Want a little more intensity? Do another round or two or three of the cardio portion.
You start off with a baseline set of exercises and over the course of the 30 days, you’ll up the intensity of the workouts. So no fear, you won’t die in those first few days after starting the 30 Day Summer Body Challenge. And you’ll ramp up at a steady pace that allows you to get stronger. Plus there are scheduled active rest days to give your body a chance to rest and recover.
The workouts involve bodyweight movements. No equipment necessary. If you want to up the intensity even further, you can hold dumbbells to add extra weight to your movements.
Are you ready? Let’s do this. Click the button below to download your FREE copy of the 30 Day Summer Body Challenge.
Tips to keep in mind for your workouts
- Start your workouts with a warm-up to get the blood flowing. Try jogging in place or do jumping jacks for a minute or two.
We also have a free printable page of four 5-Minute Warm-Ups you can use to ensure you are properly warmed-up for your workouts. Click the button below to get your copy!
- End your workouts with a cool-down and take a few minutes to stretch. Don’t put it off. The best time to stretch is while your muscles are still warm. And you’re less likely to skip stretching that day if you do it right after the workout.
- Give it your all when you workout. Not 80%, not 90%. Give it a full 100% effort or more.
- Focus on doing each movement with proper form to prevent injury.
- Be mindful of your breathing. Don’t hold your breath.
- If you need to take a break, try not to stop. Instead take a few seconds to move a little slower, but keep moving. Then pick the intensity right back up again.
- Follow each workout with healthy protein and healthy carbs to replenish depleted energy. Ideally you want to do this within 20 to 30 minutes after you workout.
- It’s important to give your body time to recover. Make sure to take those active rest days. The keyword is ACTIVE. Do something that raises your heart rate for 30 minutes on those rest days.
- Turn on some upbeat, fast beat music to keep you motivated.
- Have fun!
Send me any questions in the comments below. Enjoy!
Before starting this or any diet, exercise or fitness program please consult your physician or other qualified health or medical professional to determine if it is right for your needs. This information is not intended as a substitute for the medical advice and supervision of your personal physician. Any application of this or any other exercise routine set forth in this program is at the viewer’s discretion and sole risk. Read full Disclaimer.