Week 2 of workouts is here! Are you ready? Let’s do this! As always, follow them in order or mix them up, but get them done.
Anyone can do these workouts, whether this is your first time working out or you are coming back from taking a break or you already workout regularly.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind for your workouts:
- You can click on each picture to view a larger version or print them.
- When a workout does not include a warm-up, jog in place or do jumping jacks for a minute or two to get the blood flowing.
We also have a free printable page of four 5-Minute Warm-Ups you can use to ensure you are properly warmed-up for your workouts. Click the button below to get your copy!
- When a workout does not include a cool-down, take a few minutes to stretch. Don’t put it off. The best time to stretch is while your muscles are still warm. And you’re less likely to skip stretching that day if you do it right after the workout.
- Give it your all when you workout. Not 80%, not 90%. Give it a full 100% effort or more.
- Focus on doing each movement with proper form to prevent injury.
- If you don’t know what a movement is, substitute it with one you do know. I will be posting a movement guide soon.
- Not feeling it with today’s workout? There are plenty more workouts on Emma and Rose to choose from.
- Be mindful of your breathing. Don’t hold your breath.
- If you need to take a break, try not to stop. Instead take a few seconds to move a little slower, but keep moving. Then pick the intensity right back up again.
- Follow each workout with healthy protein and healthy carbs to replenish depleted energy. Ideally you want to do this within 20 to 30 minutes after you workout.
- It’s important to give your body time to recover. Make sure to take those active rest days. The keyword is ACTIVE. Do something that raises your heart rate for 30 minutes on those rest days.
- Turn on some upbeat, fast beat music to keep you motivated.
- Have fun!
Don’t forget to pin this to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Send me any questions in the comments below. Enjoy!
Before starting this or any diet, exercise or fitness program please consult your physician or other qualified health or medical professional to determine if it is right for your needs. This information is not intended as a substitute for the medical advice and supervision of your personal physician. Any application of this or any other exercise routine set forth in this program is at the viewer’s discretion and sole risk. Read full Disclaimer.